Sunday, August 25, 2019

Me encanta Yungayyy


Two days ago, I went on my first REAL run in Chile with a friend from school named Carla. Carla took me to her campo right outside of Yungay. We ran about three miles to a lake that overlooked the towering Andes in the distance. To make the view even better, the sun began to set and cast pinks and purples across the sky. It felt so nice and liberating to breath in the fresh air haha!
Carla and I:))

The campo

The campo

Ahh I wish I brought my camera to catch a better picture of the mountains!



Sunset at the lake

This run was the first time I could really take time to think and get hyped up for the next year to come. I had been in constant motion the past two weeks meeting new people every day, learning about a new culture, spending time with all sorts of family, and learning the language that I had almost no breaks or times to just relax. Because of all of these activities, I have been feeling slightly anxious and overwhelmed. There are many moments in school that I just want to break down crying because I can’t understand what people are saying to me. I often feel like I can’t connect with my classmates very well because I am unable to carry out a full-on conversation☹ In the States, I was super energetic, talkative, and loud, but here I find myself super quiet and slightly timid. I experience the most frustration when I have something funny to say or something good to contribute to a conversation but I have no idea how to say it in Spanish. AHHH BRAIN EXPLOSION!!!

On a brighter note, I got the opportunity to meet my second host family last week!! They are SUPER nice and good friends of my current host family. I’ll have two younger host brothers: one the age of Emilio and the other a little older than Martina. Their house has a tennis court and a pool! Yesterday, I went to Chillán to watch my sister compete at a Tae Kwan Do tournament, and they came as well. We all went Go-Karting and shopping together!!
Future backyard

Future parents:))

ALL of my siblings at the mall

I’m currently putting together a list of similarities and differences between Chile and the US culturally, socially, and also physically, so hopefully that’ll be my next post! But for now, CHAO😊

-Allie
Yungay



Yungay in the morning



Volcanoes behind my house!


No comments:

Post a Comment